Herald of Faith

Independent Assemblies of God (1936-1950)

Editors:

  • E. C. Erickson (1936-1941)
  • Lewi Pethrus (1941)
  • A.W. Rasmussen (1941-1947)
  • Harry Ring and A. W. Rasmussen (1947-1948)
  • Harry Ring (1948)
  • No editor listed (1948-1950)
  • T. A. Lanes (1950-1951)
  • A. W. Rasmussen (1951- )
  • A. W. Rasmussen and Joseph Mattsson-Boze ( -1952-1955- )
  • Joseph Mattsson-Boze ( -1956-1971)

History:

The Independent Assemblies of God was formed in Minnesota in 1922 by Scandinavian- American Pentecostal ministers who valued local church autonomy. Herald of Faith began publication in 1936 under the auspices of Duluth Gospel Tabernacle (Duluth, Minnesota). It was published in the interests of the Independent Assemblies of God. The place of publication moved to Chicago, Illinois, in 1941, where it was published by the Philadelphia Church. When the Independent Assemblies of God divided in 1951 over the Latter Rain movement, the Herald of Faith and the Philadelphia Church both aligned with those supporting the Latter Rain movement. An independent corporation led by Joseph Mattsson-Boze published Herald of Faith from 1959 until it ceased publication in 1971. In its early years, Herald of Faith was heavily influenced by Pentecostals in Sweden and Norway. In its later years, the magazine worked closely with independent healing evangelists.

PDF Collection Holdings:

  • 1936-1950

View this periodical:

Some issues of the Herald of Faith have not yet been located. If you possess issues (1951-1971), please contact the Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center at archives@ag.org